Speak Life: "No Place to Run"
October 06, 2019 | Jim Hodge
- Jesus compared Himself to Jonah.
Matthew 12:40 - Jesus answered, “For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.”
- Jonah mentions 12 miracles in 48 verses.
- Jonah 2:9 is the Great Message of the Bible.
“Salvation belongs to the Lord!”
- The Real Fish Story is gospelizing the world.
I. Running from God's Word. (Jonah 1:1-6)
Psalm 119:105; Psalm 119:11
II. Running from God's Commands.
III. Running from Difficult Ministry.
IV. Running from God's Face.
V. Running from God's Storm.
God’s Gracious Discipline:
- It is not punishment.
- It is painful.
- It brings Godly fruit.
- It makes us holy.
- It humbles us.
Discussion Questions for the Week
- What is one way you have seen God work in your life this week?
- Ask one person to read and explain the passage in their own words.
- Ask at least one person to share the Gospel and discuss.
- How do you view God’s discipline? (Romans 8:28-29)
- Describe your prayer life for and with the unbelieving. Explain.
- How would you describe your humility in this stage of life? (Humility is confidence in God.)
- From your experience, what are some things that hinder believers today from being obedient to the Lord and His Word?
- Discuss how to encourage each other and hold one another accountable in sharing the Gospel with others.