Messes and Masterpieces- Overcoming Hardship with God’s Joy
July 07, 2019 | Jim Hodge
I. Joy in seeing the Gospel (Good News) Advance.
II. Joy in honoring Christ in life or death.
How to refresh our joy in hardship:
- Rest in God’s Sovereignty.
“I rejoiced in the Lord greatly…for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low…and how to abound…I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:10-13
- Enjoy God’s Sufficiency.
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Discussion Questions for the Week
- How do you think believers in other parts of the world are able to endure hardships and persecution for Christ?
- When have you lately seen God using suffering in you or your family to advance the gospel?
- What are some of your greatest challenges to living in abundant, over-flowing Christ-like joy?
- What lessons can we learn from Paul’s encouragement to the Philippians while he was in prison?
- How can you joyfully and continually participate in the advance of the gospel to our family, friends and the nations in this season of your life? (Read and use these truths in praying for one another. Philippians 1:6, 12, 20-21, 29, 2:14-15, 3:8, 21, 4:4 and 4:10-13)