Knowing Life- "Alive in Christ"
September 08, 2019 | Jim Hodge
I. The nature of spiritual life. (Ch 2:6-8)
- It is new life.
Acts 11:18; 2 Peter 1:3
- It is true life.
1 Timothy 6:
- It is eternal life.
- It is abundant life.
Psalm 1:3; John 10:10
II. The origin and result of spiritual life. (Ch 2:9-12)
- Spiritual life is the work of the Holy Spirit.
John 3:6; Ezekiel 36:26; John 3:3; Romans 8:11; Titus 3:5–7
- Spiritual life unites believers to Jesus Christ.
III. An abiding life with the Spirit. (Ch 2:13-15)
- A new way of life is made possible.
Romans 8:5–6; Romans 8:9–16
- Obedience to God is made possible.
- The Spirit of Jesus Christ lives in believers.
How Can We Enjoy Being Alive in Christ?
- “Don’t drink the water!”.
- Know you live in victory!
- Celebrate the abundant fruit in your life!
Discussion Questions for the Week
- What is one way you have seen God work in your life this week?
- In what ways do we see people in our culture taken captive by false, worldly philosophies? Have at least one person share the gospel message.
- What does it mean for us daily that all believers have been filled or made complete in Christ?
- What does it mean that believers have been circumcised by the circumcision of Christ on the inside? (Ezekiel 36:22-28 and Romans 2:29)
- Read 1 John 3:8 and James 4:7. Discuss these truths and how to explain them to our children, grandchildren and those we disciple. Pray!