Series: For Today
How to be Blessed by the Bible… for Today
October 11, 2020 | Craig Wurst
I. Being ready to receive what the Bible says
II. Spending time reflecting on what the Bible says
III. Doing what the Bible says
Going Deeper This Week
- Read James 1:18-27. What do you appreciate about God? What is the main truth that you learned?
- Since truth is reality (the way everything really is) why do you think so many people don’t seek God’s truth in their daily lives?
- Describe a typical time with God in His word. How would you like to grow in this area starting this week?
- What bothers you or encourages you about the movement today to practice social justice? How can we as Christians bring clarity to the phrase social justice? (Micah 6:8, Colossians 2:8, Matthew 12:30, and John 8:31-32)
- Read Joshua 1:8-9 and Psalm 40:8, Psalm 34:8. What is important concerning mediating on God’s truth in order to obey it? Pray these passages for others.