The Church on Mission: To Every Tribe, Tongue, and Neighborhood
I. God cultivates a person's heart to receive the gospel. (vs. 1-8)
II. God changes the heart of the messenger. (vs. 9-17)
III. God uses His children to welcome new believers into the Family of God. (vs. 44-48)
Discussion Questions for the Week
- What boundaries or differences have you seen that separates Christians from one another? Has hindered the unchurched from hearing the gospel?
- What are some ways you see those who do not follow Christ seeking a “spiritual” encounter? How can we tap into this with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ?
- How does knowing that God is sovereign over all encourage you? In what ways does it challenge you?
- What traditions or preferences might we need to reject or hold loosely to reach others with the Gospel message?
- Review the five aspects of welcoming others. How are you doing? Do you welcome others on Sunday or tend to go mostly toward familiar friends? Why is being welcoming so important in getting the Gospel out to others? (Genesis 12:1-3, Leviticus 19:33-34, Matthew 10:40, Mark 9:37, Luke 14:7-14, Romans 14:1, 15:7, 1 Peter 4:8-9 and James 5:1-9)