The Church on Mission: A Spirit-led Transformation
I. Saul receives new life from the Savior. (Acts 9:1-9)
Saving grace is God freely choosing to show us undeserved love in forgiving our sins and in giving us His satisfying presence.
I Corinthians 15:10
2 Timothy 1:9
II. Saul shares his new life with a believer. (Acts 9:10-19)
III. Saul shares the good news of life through the Savior. (Acts 9:20-25, 28)
“But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.” Acts 20:24 NASB
- I will only acknowledge my life counts because God has it.
- I have received purpose and ministry from the Lord.
- I will proclaim God’s grace to everyone.
Discussion Questions for the Week
- In what ways would others say your life has changed in Christ this past year?
- God used a pretty unique collision with Saul to get his attention. In what ways do you see the Lord “colliding” with people today?
- Are you willing to make an impact in people’s lives and even collide with them if needed? Explain. Read Philippians 1:29. Why is this verse important to remember for our daily walk in this life?
- We normally think of being sent by God as being sent to share the gospel with unbelievers. How does God also send us to believers with the Gospel message? (Romans 14:19, Ephesians 4:29, Colossians 3:16-17, 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18, 5:11, Hebrews 3:13 and 10:24-25)
- Who is the Lord calling you to connect with often and mentor? How is it going?
- What is your story of following Jesus? (tell your family/group this week) How can you tell your story in a compelling way to those outside the faith? Pray for everyone to have a Gospel Conversation this week. Discuss the results.