The Church on Mission: A Spirit-led Call to All Kinds of People
“I like the way I do evangelism better than the way you don’t do evangelism." L. Moody (1837-1899)
Psalm 73:28 - “But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.” Psalm 73:28
I. God open hearts. (vs.11-15)
II. God opens ways to freedom. (vs.16-24)
“…that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world…” Revelation 12:9
“…. the accuser of our brothers…..who accuses them day and night before our God.” Revelation 12:10
“Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” I Peter 5:8
III. God opens the doors of prisons. (vs 25-34)
Characteristics of Spirit-led Call to All Kinds of People:
- Prayerfully engaging others.
- Living the Gospel.
- Trusting in God’s provision and providence.
- Showing God’s Love. (I Thessalonians 2:8)
- Speaking the Gospel. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
Discussion Questions for the Week
- Share a people watching story from your life that impacted you. To what extent can you know someone just by watching them?
- Why is it so easy at times to value being busy, ministry and working hard over authentic loving relationships? Read the following and talk about what you see is true biblical love. Matthew 5:44-45, 1 John 4:8-10 and 19-21, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, John 3:16-17, 13:34-35 & 14:15.
- Discuss how you see Satan most at work. What is our main calling as followers of Christ in dealing with satanic lies and works? (John 15:7-8)
- How should Acts 16:14, which says the Lord opened Lydia’s heart to respond to the gospel, affect the way we talk to others about Jesus?
- Discuss how you are doing in sharing the Gospel and having Gospel conversations? Pray for each other to have a Gospel conversation this week.